Activities

Camping in the Harvey Shire

Logue Brook Dam / Lake Brockman
 

Directions: 5km south of Yarloop on the South Western Highway, turn left onto Logue Brook Dam Road, travel for  15km. You will find a lovely shady picnic area below the dam wall with tables, wood barbeques and a pit toilet. Turn left off Logue Brook Dam Road: before you come to the dam, travel a short distance down the sealed road.

Skiing and Swimming:

A popular skiing/swimming dam with crystal clear water for the family to enjoy. Water skiing is to be carried out in an anti-clockwise direction and is permitted between the hours of SUNRISE and SUNSET only. Water skiing is prohibited within 60m of the foreshore except within the designated water ski takeoff and landing areas. Taking off or landing of skiers is prohibited except within the two designated water ski takeoff areas.  A maximum 5 knot speed limit applies in all other areas as indicated on map. Click here to view map of ski area. Personal Water Craft (PWC) are not permitted in any water ski areas unless they are being used to tow a skier. Click here to view Logue Brook Dam Camping Codes.

As of April 2008 - All skippers will require a Recreational Skipper's Ticket to be in charge of a vessel with a motor of more than 4.5 kilowatts (6hp). Don't forget the sun screen. Lake Brockman Tourist Park has refreshments and other treats for your convenience. There is also a caravan park and holiday camp at the dam if you wish to stay for awhile.

Camping:

Legal camping past the Saddlebank (second wall) area, from the toilet block onwards. Bush camping available in designated areas around the dam. Please ensure you dispose of litter appropriately.  Fees are: Adults- $7.00 each, concession $5.00 each, and children (6- 16 years) $2.00 each.  Fees are inclusive of GST.  DEC Rangers collect all fees.  Rangers are on patrol 24 hours a day to ensure that regulations are adhered to and camping receipts are checked. Dogs are permitted providing they are on a lead at all times and must not enter the water.

Fishing and Marroning:

Great fishing and marroning (in season with license - available from www.fish.wa.gov.au. This dam is frequently restocked with trout.

Bike Riding:

Get back to nature - Ride a section of the Munda Biddi Trail - Harvey Access. Enjoy the beauty of the jarrah and marri forest. Listen to the cries of the red-tailed black cockatoos. Dogs are allowed at Logue Brook Dam, provided that they are on a leash at all times.

Access the world famous cycle trail from Munda Biddi Trail - Harvey Access.

Hoffman Mill

Directions: South Western Highway, 9km north of Harvey. Travel along Logue Brook Dam Road for 6.2km, past the turn off to Lake Brockman Tourist Park  and continue on the gravel road. After 3.1km the Logue Brook Dam Road runs into Clarke Road. Continue on a further 8.1km to Hoffman Mill. 27km north-east of Harvey.
Facilities: Flushing toilets with disabled access. Free gas BBQ, wood BBQ, pit toilets, picnic tables with seats, footy oval, untreated water taps, bush walks, central information board and rubbish collection area.

Description: Camping areas are large and good for caravans, shady, grassy and excellent for groups. Lots of private camping spots dotted around the site. Hoffman Mill is the site of a once thriving mill town, established in the early years of the century. The remains of the old mill may still be seen.
Traces of the old settlement still appear in the fig and peach trees near the river. Also enjoy the lilies, roses, and other flowers which grew in the gardens of the original inhabitants and still appear every summer.
Restrictions: This area is in a water catchment area. Strictly no swimming, fishing or marroning. All domestic animals are prohibited. No camping from the end of Easter until November 1. Day use only during this period.

Fees: DEC Rangers collects all fees. Rangers are on Patrol 24 hours a day, ensuring regulations are adhered to and camping receipts are checked. Adults are $7.50 each per night, concession are $5.50 each per night and children (6 to 16 years) are $2.20 each per night.  Fees are inclusive of GST.

Leschenault Peninsula Conservation Park - Australind

Directions:

Buffalo Road, west of Old Coast Road, 30km north of Bunbury. On entering the park there is an information bay and toilets. 4WD beach access on tracks only. Mosquito repellent advisable. Please note: Dogs are not permitted within the Leschenault Peninsula Conservation Park - Australind. No dogs allowed.

Buffalo Beach

Day use area, fishing and swimming. Walking distance to the Indian Ocean, parking and 4WD access to Buffalo Beach. Dogs are permitted but must be on a leash.

Belvidere Beach

Day use area. Fishing and swimming in the Indian Ocean. Belvidere Beach has parking and 4WD access to the beach. No dogs or off road vehicles permitted on Buffalo Beach.

Belvidere Camp & Belvidere Day Use

Belvidere Beach is located at the end of Buffalo Road on the edge of the inlet. The inlet at Belvidere Beach is a very popular place for crabbing, fishing, prawning, boating, sailing and windsurfing. Not far to the beach. Day use and camping area for families and groups. Walking trails along the inlet and to the 'The Cut' areas.
Suitable for caravans. Information bay. John Boyle O'Reilly Memorial Monument, picnic tables and benches, gas and wood BBQs, fire rings and lookout. No dogs allowed.

Camping fees collected by rangers which patrol the area.

Tuart Grove

Day use area with access from inlet by small boat jetty. Picnic tables, BBQ rings and access to Walking trail.

The Cut

The Cut at Australind is boat and hiking access only. The Cut has 11 tent-based campsites, including two for large groups. Each camp site features a secluded area for a tent, a fire ring, wood BBQ and a picnic table. There is an island-like atmosphere with shelters, fish cleaning table. Fishing spots along the groyne can easily be reached via footpaths leading from the picnic site. Alternatively the beach is only 500m away.

Camping Fees:
Adults $7.50 per night, concession $5.50 per night , children (6-16 years) $2.20 per night and children U/6 free. The DEC ranger patrols the area daily to collect fees. 
To book campsites for large groups at The Cut please phone the DEC Collie Office on 9734 1988.

Fishing in the Harvey Shire

Freshwater Angling

Trout (Rainbow & Brown)

Open Season  September 1 until June 30. This applies to fishing at the Harvey Dam. Logue Brook Dam is open all year round for fishing.                                                                                                                   

Artificial lures and live bait are permitted.
Bag limit 4 per angler, minimum size 30cm. 

Harvey Fishing Locations:

HARVEY DAM - REAR OF DAM ONLY. Weir Road, Harvey (Off the South Western Highway)

LOGUE BROOK DAM (Lake Brockman) - ENTIRE DAM. Logue Brook Dam Road, Cookernup (Off South Western Highway)

Trout (Rainbow & Brown)

  • Daily combined bag limit for Trout of 4 per angler 
  • Minimum size limit for Trout State-wide is 30cm
  • Artificial lures permitted
  • Live bait permitted

Redfin Perch 

You can fish for Redfin all year round, with a license, if you catch a Trout in the off-season please return it to the water.

  • Redfin Perch have no size or bag limits.
  • Redfin Perch are major predators of juvenile marron and if caught, should not be returned to the water.

Cobbler
Also caught in the Harvey Dam waterways. (Rear area only)

Fishing licences
A licence is required for all freshwater fishing in water south of Greenough and above the tidal influence include
all lakes, dams, rivers and their tributaries. Licences are available from the Department of Fisheries.

Fishing Licences and Fees 2011/12

Recreational (Boat) Fishing - Standard $$30.00, Concession $15.00
South-West Freshwater Angling - Standard $40.00, Concession $20.00
Marron - Standard $40.00, Concession $20.00
Abalone - Standard $40.00, Concession $20.00
Rock Lobster - Standard $40.00, Concession $20.00
Net Fishing (gill, haul and throw) - Standard $40.00, Concession $20

Children Under 16 do not need a freshwater licence

If purchasing 2, you are entitled to a 10% discount (for 1 person only).

For more information regarding Fishing etc visit the Department of Fisheries website at  www.fish.wa.gov.au

Marroning

Open: Friday 8 January - 12 noon, 5 February

Locations:

Harvey Dam - Trophy Waters (Trophy Waters are managed to provide fishers with a larger opportunity to catch 'Trophy' sized marron.
This applies within 500m of the water line of the Harvey Dam and Waroona Dam)
Snare water only.

Access available at the rear of the dam. Along northern side, the access is via Honeymoon Road, and to the south it is via the Harvey Quindanning Road (Weir Rd).
Domestic animals (including horses), swimming and fishing are not permitted in any circumstances. This is in order to safeguard the quality of drinking water being supplied to the people of Harvey, Mandurah, Rockingham and Perth.

Logue Brook Dam (Lake Brockman)
Snare water only

Stirling Dam
Fishing and marroning are no longer permitted at Stirling Dam and the Harvey River upstream of Stirling Dam. Water catchment area. 

Hoffman Mill
Fishing and marroning are no longer permitted at Hoffman Mill site. Water catchment area. Camping is a must if you want peace and quiet.

Size Limit
A minimum size limit of 80mm carapace length applies throughout the marron fishery except in 'Trophy Waters - Harvey Dam' where a minimum size limit of 90mm applies. 

Daily Bag Limit
A daily bag limit of 8 marron per licensed fisher applies except in 'Trophy Waters' where a bag limit of 5 applies. The daily bag limit applies from midday to midday the next day during the open season. 

Possession Limit
You may only accumulate your daily bag limit up to a possession limit of 20 marron during the marron season. The possession limit applies everywhere except in your permanent place of residence. A separate possession limit applies near "Trophy Waters". 

How To Measure a Marron

Always use an approved gauge and measure from the tip of the horn protruding from the marron's forehead, to the back edge of the marron's carapace. If the gauge fits over the back of the carapace, or is even slightly loose, the marron is too small and must be returned to the water. Collect your free guage from the Harvey Visitor Centre.

Breeding Stock Protection
Females with eggs (berried) or live young attached beneath their bodies and undersize marron must be returned to the water immediately.

Crabbing (Blue swimmer crab / Blue manna)

Australind Locations:

The Cut and The Estuary (Australind)

Bag Limits
Bag limits reduced to 10 crabs per person per day.

BOAT LIMITS
Boat limits reduced to 20 crabs per boat, if there are more than two people on board. If there is only one person on board, standard bag limit of 10 applies.
There is also a limit of 10 drop nets per boat. 

Size Limit
Minimum size limit of 127mm across the widest part of the shell. Return all undersize and berried (egg-carrying) crabs to the water. You must return these unwanted crabs to the water within 5 minutes of catching them. 

Crabbing Gear
Only wire or plastic scoop nets, drop nets or hand-held blunt wire hooks may be used to catch crabs. It is illegal to take crabs using fishing of prawning nets. Any crab caught accidentally this way must be released. 

Beach Fishing

Fishing Locations:

Myalup Beach
Fishing at Myalup during summer months (December - April) are best for beach fishing. Common varieties caught are Silver bream (all year), Tailor, Yellowfin & King George whiting, Garfish, Australian herring, Flounder,  Mulloway, Salmon (March through to Winter) & Flathead.

Binningup Beach
A reef that runs parallel to the beach makes it an excellent fishing beach. Fishing at Binningup common varieties caught are Silver bream (all year),
Tailor, Flathead, Flounder, Garfish, Australian Herring, Small Shark, Mulloway, Salmon (March through to Winter), Whiting (King George and Yellowfin). 

 

Golfing in the Harvey Shire

Harvey Golf Club

Myalup Road
PO Box 101, HARVEY

Ph: 08 9729 1273
Email: manager@harveygolfclub.com.au
Website: www.harveygolfclub.com.au 


Take time out for a breath of fresh air at the friendly Harvey Golf Club.
Only 150km South of Perth, and directly off the major Perth / Bunbury Highway known as The Old Coast Road.

The Harvey Golf Club offers you a pleasant yet challenging 18 holes of golf on rolling green pastures in the
midst of country Western Australia. 

Use the clubhouse facilities for your next social function.
The license allows 160 people to attend.
A summer evening looking down the 9th and 18th holes is an excellent backdrop for a birthday or wedding.

“Harvey is one of the best kept secrets in the South West.”

Lakewood Shores Golf Course (Binningup Golf Club)

Lakes Parade
BINNINGUP 6231

Ph: 08 9797 1643

Binningup Golf Club has a magnificent 9-hole course, set in natural bushland with an abundance of native flora and fauna. The course continues to the beach dunes with great views of the ocean. Pack a set of clubs and enjoy a relaxing round on one of the most scenic courses in WA.

Bunbury Golf Club

Lucy Victoria Ave
CLIFTON PARK

Ph: 08 9725 1231
Fax: 08 9725 1757
Email: manager@bunburygolf.club.com.au
Website: www.bunburygolfclub.com.au

Bunbury Golf Club boasts a fully reticulated 18-hole golf course situated in a tranquil setting between the Collie River and the Leschenault Estuary. It is in a well wooded setting with undulating greens and a challenging layout guarded by a resident kangaroo population.

We welcome new members and visitors to enjoy our premier golf club in Western Australia's south west.

A challenging 18 hole course rated in Western Australia's top 10.

Bushwalking & Picnics

Bibbulmun Track

The Bibbulmun Track is a 1,000 kilometre walk stretching from Perth to Albany. The track boasts Lake Brockman and Harvey Dam and Stirling Dam catchment area's.
Start: Perth or Albany but can be joined at Harvey or any other place along the track. Call into the Harvey Visitor Centre to purchase a map of the Track.
Length: 1,000 kilometres but ideal for day or overnight walks
Surface: varied

See Bibbulmun Track - Harvey Access Point.

Wildflower Picnic Site

Honeymoon Road, Harvey
Length 1.4km. Easy walking
A beautiful walk trail. Follow the small white circles marked on the trunks of trees.
Wildflowers in abundance. Pets allowed.

HOFFMAN MILL - PICNIC & CAMPSITE

Clarke Road, Harvey, Western Australia
Bridge Trail - Length 3km
Blue markers indicate the route. This begins a short distance from the information shelter.
Plenty of wildlife.
Formation Trail – Length 650m
An easy walk which follows the railway formation and Harvey River through the Jarrah forrest.
No pets allowed. Picnic and campsite, approximately 13kms east of Logue Brook Dam Visit the site of this old timber milling town, which only closed in the historic town of Yarloop is a gem for lovers of all things rustic!

LESCHENAULT PENINSULA CONSERVATION PARK

Australind, Western Australia
Belvidere Estuary Walk – Length 4km
Starts at Belvidere carpark and heads east.
Cycling and Walking only permitted over large sections of the park.
Long or short circuits walks. Many species of birds.

Belvidere Interpretive Walk - Length 1.5km
This walk documents the rich cultural history of Belvidere and is a perfect place for a picnic or barbeque. The trail provides and excellent location for bird watching with a vast array of water birds frequenting the shallows of the Leschenault Estuary.

John Boyle O'Reilly Wetland Trail - Length 1 km return
Learn more about the plants and animals of this park as you meander through tuart, peppermint and paperbark trees. At the information shelter, discover how the Irish convict John Boyle O'Reilly made his daring escape into the bush here from a ship named the Gazelle in 1869.

Ridge Trail - Length 9km
The Ridge Trail stretches south 9 kilometres from Belvidere to "The Cut", a channel joining the Leschenault Estuary and the Indian Ocean. The path winds through tuart and peppermint woodland along the coastal dune ridge. Walkers can enjoy panoramic views across the Leschenault Estuary to the Darling Scarp and across the Indian Ocean. Along the path you may see kangaroos, lizards and many birds including Carnaby's black cockatoo, pelicans and the black shouldered kite. Australind's Bottlenose dolphins are regular visitors to water at "The Cut". At the start of the track, Western ringtail and Brushtail possums are often seen in the campground at night.

HERON WALK TRAIL

Located on the east side of the Old Coast Road, Australind adjacent to Buffalo Road. View the wetland in the heron haven. There is an information centre at the start of the walk. Picnic table and carpark.

LAKE PRESTON

Yalgorup National Park, Myalup
Heathland walk – Length 4.5km
Travel north along the Old Coast Road. Travel 5km down this road until you reach Lake Hayward.
Start at the Information Bay on Preston Beach Road and head west along the track signposted as Caves Road. Follow the markers to complete the circuit walk.

LAKE POLLARD TRAIL

Length 6km
Travel north 1.5km from Lake Hayward to reach Lake Pollard. The walk starts at the entrance to Martin’s Tank Campground on Preston Beach Road. Follow the yellow pointers.

HARVEY HERITAGE TRAIL

Harvey Heritage Trail maps are available from the Harvey Visitor Centre, South Western Highway, HARVEY Western Australia.

From the 1830's the Harvey area was known as "Korijekup" the Aboriginal word meaning "The place of the Red Tailed Black Cockatoo." Early explorers named the Harvey River and by the 1890's the Korijekup Estate become known as Harvey Estate. As the township took shape near the turn of the century, it became known as Harvey.

1. Replica of Stirling Cottage
A replica of a cottage built about the 1850's on land owned by Sir James Stirling near Harvey River about 500 metres upstream from this site. The original cottage was lived in by May Gibbs, creator of  Snugglepot and Cuddlepie, during the 1880's . Features of the original cottage were hexagonal paving blocks fitted together as flooring "pit sawn" Jarrah walls and a sheok shingled roof all recreated in this replica of Stirling's Cottage. The Harvey Visitor Centre houses a May Gibbs Display.

2. Internment Camp Memorial Shrine: Classified by the National Trust
The Shrine was built in 1941 by Italian internees held at the Harvey Interment Camp during WWII. The camp held up to 1000 internees and 200 soldiers. For 50 years the Shrine stood in an open paddock. In 1992 a chapel was built around the Shrine to protect it from the elements.
Hut: Each Hut held 30 internees 1940 - 1942.            Prison: The original prison cells for the camp.

3. Masonic Hall: Classified by the Nation Trust
The rear section was built in 1914 with the front part of the building with its unusual architecture added in 1934.

4. Snell Park
Mr Alf Snell whose efforts the Harvey Town gardens were first formed originally gifted Snell Park to the Shire in 1936. Since then it has grown and changed with each new gardener or town caretaker.  Today it boasts a number of old roses, gazebo, hundreds of bulbs, 2 arches and brightly coloured garden beds. Snell park is widely used by the community and is a relaxing spot to eat your lunch or a family gathering. Toilets available.

5. C.W.A Room
(Country Women's Association) Built in 1933. Situated in Snells Park. In the 1950's a group of women would congregate in this small Room. The club was known as the Virginian's Club.

6. Harvey House
This brick shop as built in Hayward St during 1913. Harvey House served the town as tearooms until the 1940's. Since then it has been a Newsagency.

7. Challenge Bank: Classified by the National Trust
Built in 1938 as the Bank of New South Wales. In more recent years it has bee modernised becoming the Westpac Bank in 1982 and the Challenge Bank in 1997.

8. Cafe' on Uduc
Built in 1932 as Feazey's Bakery and became Campbell's Bakery, later it became the towns tearooms, Part of the residence has been beautifully restored as a restaurant.

9. Harvey Council Chambers: Classified by the National Trust.
This Art Deco style building was added onto the Town Hall in 1935 as the Council Chambers.

10. Harvey Town Hall: Classified by the National Trust
The main hall was built in 1914 with money fundraised by the people of Harvey. Soon afterwards WWII broke out and the Drill Hall was added in 1915 as a military hall. The main hall was extended in 1935 with the addition of the present stage.

11. Church of England Hall
The timber church of England was built in 1906 on Young Street north of the Harvey Primary School.

12. Uniting Church Hall
The timber building was built as the Methodist Church in 1924.

13. War Memorial Library
Built in 1920 as a War Memorial to the Harvey soldiers killed in WA.

14. Harvey Grandstand and Entrance Gates
Constructed in 1936 by J. Johnston. The grandstand was built for the purpose of viewing the Harvey Trots, which were first held under electric lights the same year.

15. Roman Catholic Church
Built in 1932 and used as a church until a new (Our Lady of the Immigrants) Roman Catholic Church was built in 1972. The old church is still in its original condition with timber floor and dado.

16. R.S.L. Hall
Built in 1938 showing a different type of architecture for that era at the front of the building. The interior is still in its original condition with timber floor and dado.

17. Harvey Primary School
The small timber building on the east end of the long brick block was built in 1901. The first red brick was added on in 1909, with further additions of a brick classroom and teacher's room in 1927, and another classroom in 1934. The old school served Harvey as classrooms for generations. It is now Pre-School centre.

18. Railway Station
The railway line from Perth to Bunbury was completed in 1893 and soon afterwards the Railway Station was built. In 1936 the Railway Station was extended and the building improved with the addition of rustic weatherboards to the exterior and the roof tiled. For many years the Railway Station was the central point of activity for the district. By 1987, with the introduction of the modern "Australind" train, the Railway Station was no longer needed and closed. The Station now housed the Harvey Museum and is the only Railway Station remaining in the Shire of Harvey. The Museum is open to the public on the 1st, 3rd and 5th Sunday of Every month, 2pm - 4pm. Ph: 9729 1685

19. The Old Post Office
Now the S.E.S. building, built in 1923 and used as the Post Office until 1957.

20. Harvey Hotel
First known as the Korijekup Hotel, the Harvey Hotel was established during 1898 in a timber building. A brick Korijekup Hotel was built about 1907, after the second story was added (about 1915) it became known as the Harvey Hotel.

21. Harvey River Diversion
1930 - 1935 (20km). A Government Scheme during the depression employed 2,500 men to dig the diversion to divert water directly to the sea as the old Harvey River flooded over land as it wound its way to its natural outlet in the estuary near Mandurah. The clay section of the Diversion (first 10km) was dug by a coal fired drag line. The second section (second 10kms) was dug by hand. 2,500 men used shovels, wheelbarrows and horse and carts removed the sand to form the man made river.

22. Commemorative Plaques
a) In memory of thousands of men who worked on the Harvey River Diversion.
b) A plaque commemoration Sir James Stirling who explored and took possession of land in the locality of Harvey in 1837.

Harvey Tourist Precinct River Walk

This is an easy scenic walk that follows the Harvey River and is surrounded by the Heritage Gardens. The walk starts to the left-hand side of the Harvey Visitor Centre and continues past Stirling Cottage.  After this, turn left and go past the water fountain towards the start of the river path.  Follow the path around the river and if you wish to stop, there is a set of limestone steps to the right where a grassed area and picnic tables are located.  Continue along the path until you see Lockwood Falls and the gazebo to the left.  From there, you can either go over the foot bridge and under the highway towards town or just continue straight back towards the carpark. 

Australind Heritage Trail

Australind Heritage Trail map to download or visit the Australind Information Centre or Harvey Visitor Centre.

1. Henton Cottage
Built in 1841 by William Dacres Williams as the “Prince of Wales” Hotel.  The original two rooms came from England as a prefabricated building.

2. St Nicholas Church
 
Built by James Narroway circa 1840’s as a residence and was then converted to a Congregational Chapel prior to 1860’s and dedicated to the Church of England in 1915.

3. Upton House
 Built in 1844/5 for Mrs. Elizabeth Fry.  The original building bricks are believed to have been cargo or ballast on the ‘Trusty” during her second voyage to Australind in 1844. (Private residence-not open to the public).

4. Memorial Seat 
Situated on the site of the landing of the first settlers.  A plaque showing the original town plan and memorial to early pioneers and ships.

5. Pioneer Park
First planted circa 1843 by Lucy, Rachel and Caroline Clifton.  Two of the three original peppermint trees still stand as well as s a fig tree brought from Tenerife Island in 1841.           

6.Cathedral Avenue-  Scenic Drive – 3.4km
This is the original Old Coast Road.  Although the road has been altered in parts, the paperbark trees can still be seen arching over the road in a cathedral-like manner.

7. John Boyle O’Reilly- Buffalo Road- 11.6km
A granite monument to John O’Reilly, Irishman, Soldier, Convict, Poet, Author, Lecturer- escaped from this area to the USA and later assisted six Fenian political prisoners in their escape from Fremantle Prison aboard the “Catalpa”.

8. Australind Cemetery- Old Coast Road- 2.2km
Situated on the crest of a limestone hill, the first burial took place on the 13 March 1842, that of Dr Anthony French Carpenter, Medical Officer on board the Barque “Parkfield”.

Other Historical Plaques

9. Benjamin and James Piggott- near Shire Office Early pioneers.

10. Australind State School- 1.4km Cathedral/Scenic Drive.

11. Parkfield School- 10km- Buffalo Road.  Just past the stand of trees.

Yarloop Heritage Trail

 

Stroll along this 2.5km walk through the town centre and discover the true heritage of Yarloop. Highlights include the Yarloop Steam Workshops Museum and Replica Store, Timber Mill Cottages, St. Joseph’s Church, Yarloop Hospital, War Memorial, “Happy Valley” Single Men’s Quarters and All Saints Church. Guidebooks are available from the Yarloop Workshops.

Brunswick River Walk

Distance: 4km
Average Time: 45 minutes
Take an enjoyable walk beginning from Pioneer Park and follow the winding Brunswick River situated on the outskirts of town. A gravel path guides the way, with interpretive information and seating provided. Rejoin the town's dual use pathway network and pass by many well-known tourist icons including the Brunswick Oval, Dairy Factory and famous Cow On The Corner - Daisy. This walk is suitable to most ages and abilities although the river section may need to be avoided by those with mobility problems.

To view a map of this walk please click here.

Brunswick Hillview Walk

Distance: 4.2km
Average Time: 50 minutes
The Brunswick Lesser Hall is the start and finish point for this "around-town" walk. The walk incorporates most of the town's pathways but also includes several other surfaces including a short stretch of gravel. Walkers will be able to get a real feel for the town as they make their way through many residential streets often encountering a friendly "hello" or similar greeting from locals. This enjoyable walk provides a snapshot of Brunswick's diversity including scenic hills to the east and the Brunswick Channel and Community Park.

To view a map of this walk please click here.

Beela Road Walk - Brunswick

Distance: 5.3km
Average Time: 1 hour
Beginning from Lions Park, home of the "most photographed cow in Australia", this walk is quite challenging as it traverses the rolling hills to the east of Brunswick. An "out and back" walk set totally on Beela Road, walkers can challenge themselves by increasing the distance each time they set out. If desired, certain sections of the Walking trail can incorporate gravel roads alongside the railway line however these can be quite wet and muddy during winter. Beela Road is a spectacularly scenic walk, especially during winter and spring.

To view a map of this walk please click here

Friesian Frollick - Harvey

Distance: 3.8km
Average Time: 40 minutes
The "Friesian" Frollick is named after a common breed of dairy cattle and the black and white cows can often be seen grazing in the paddocks bordering this walk. Starting at the Harvey Town Hall, Friesian Frollick winds its way out of town, passing the local Harvey Community Radio Station and Harvey Primary School before moving into an area of lush irrigated paddocks and citrus orchards. Much of the walk utilizes the road surface or verge, but closer to town dual use pathways are available. An excellent walk to experience the rural and residential diversity that Harvey has to offer.

To view a map of this walk please click here

Simmental Stroll - Harvey

Distance: 4.1km
Average Time: 45 minutes
Beginning and ending at the Harvey Recreation and Cultural Centre, Simmental Stroll is an enjoyable and user friendly walk for all ages. Taking in the sights of Harvey's main street including the historic Library Building, Town Hall and Street Murals before moving on to farming areas on the outskirts of town, Simmental Stroll passes both of the town's Primary Schools, Shire Council Offices and CBD. This walk is mostly on dual use paths suitable for people in wheelchairs, on gophers or pushing prams.

To view a map of this walk please click here

Harvey Visitor Centre Walk - Harvey

Distance: 4.4km
Average Time: 50 minutes
Starting from the Harvey Visitor Centre on South-West Highway, this is an interesting and enjoyable walk on a variety of Walking paths and surfaces. Walkers pass by many local attractions including the Harvey River and "man-made" River Diversion, street murals, Harvey Railway Station Museum and historic Harvey Hotel / Motel. Much of the walk occurs on concrete pathways but some road verge and limestone paths are encountered. Walkers with mobility difficulties may find the first sections (unsealed) of the walk slightly challenging, but there is the option of starting on the western side of the highway in the carpark before the bridge.

To view a map of this walk please click here.

Dick Lofthouse Rotary Walk / Harvey Dam & Amphitheatre Walk

Distance: 1.9km
Average Time: 25 minutes
Enjoy the breathtaking views and majestic surrounds associated with the $275 million Harvey Dam & Amphitheatre development. Although relatively short in distance, this walk is quite physically taxing and is not suitable to those with mobility difficulties. The walk begins and ends from the Amphitheatre facility and involves climbing a number of metal steps to the top of the dam wall and a steep decline upon re-entry to the park area.

The world class venue includes a children's playground, toilets and access to free gas BBQ's. In the early 1980's, a group of Rotarians from Harvey led by Dick Lofthouse decided to create a bush walk within the precincts of the Harvey Dam & Amphitheatre. This Walking trail was maintained for many years by Dick until it was absorbed into the new Harvey dam development. In recognition of the foresight and work of Dick and other Rotarians a new walkway has been constructed. The 'Dick Lofthouse Rotary Walk' acknowledges the enormous contribution made to the Harvey community. Enjoy the natural bushland and dam along the walk.